Defend your life and livelihood from accusations of sexual crimes.
Sexual Crimes Defense in Federal & Maryland Courts
Don’t expect the fact that you are "innocent" or even “cooperating” with the police to keep you out of jail –or off the sex offender registration. At least, not without an experienced defense attorney.
The term "sex crime: covers a surprisingly broad range of criminal charges. If you are accused of a sex crime, do not talk to police, no police, no matter how friendly they may seem. Often, people convict themselves under manipulation by police and court officials. Law enforcement officials will attempt to get you into the police station, isolate you, scare you and get you either to confess or to provide incriminating information.
- Rape, Sexual Assault: Including statutory rape and sexual assault of a minor, and allegations of inappropriate touching
- Child sexual abuse: Including molestation, Improper touching of a child, abuse of an adult.
- Distribution and possession of illegal sexual content: Child Pornography investigations and prosecutions of Internet sex offenses such as online solicitation of a minor
- Prostitution: Assignation or solicitation of a prostitute
- Indecent exposure and lewd acts.
- Other sex offenses, such as sodomy.
- Any sex crime prosecution or conviction can be devastating. It could include state or federal prision, and or lifetime registration as a sex offender. We truly empahize and understand the stress and fear that occurs when you find yourself in this situation. Now is the time to think clearly and obtain counsel before speaking with a dectective or agent.
- "I had managed to get myself in some pretty serious trouble, and [Jim Crawford] seemed like the best choice. The disposition of the case was really much better than I, or my family, could have reasonably expected. I did everything that he asked me to do, and I let him do his job.”
Your Legal Team
Founding Partner & Senior Litigator
Jim believes that the power to change the life of even one client is worth more than any amount of money or prestige. That's why he's spent just about every day of his working career in a Maryland courtroom, giving clients their opportunity for justice.
Criminal Department Manager & Senior Litigator
Originally a lawyer from the Big Apple, Mark and his family relocated to Charm City to represent Marylanders for both criminal and civil matters. Whether it's a traffic-related charge or a serious criminal matter in the District or Circuit Court, you'll want Mark in your corner.
Getting the right lawyer is easy.
Consult With An Attorney
Every case deserves the personal attention of a licensed legal professional. That’s why we offer a free initial consultation to any Marylander who needs it.
Develop Your Legal Strategy
During your initial conversation, your consulting attorney will offer suggestions and advice concerning your specific situation and desired outcomes.
Move Forward With Confidence
Once you retain James Crawford Law, you’ll have the entire Firm team at your disposal to fight for your side of the story. Our first priority will be the success of your case.